Israel Admits Attack That Killed Hind Rajab and Her Family in Gaza

On Wednesday, the Israeli occupation army admitted carrying out the attack on a vehicle in Gaza in January 2024, when its soldiers killed five-year-old Hind Rajab and her family.

RELATED:

Germany Strongly Condemns Itamar Ben Gvir’s Calls to Kill Civilians in Gaza

The troops “fired at a vehicle that was approaching them,” according to an investigation conducted by the same Zionist army, which also details four other attacks against Palestinians that received international attention.

It is the first time the Israeli army has acknowledged carrying out an attack in an area where it had previously said it had no troops.

Based on a report prepared by the General Staff Fact-Finding and Assessment Mechanism (FFAM), the report says the Israeli Military Advocate General’s Office ordered the Military Police Criminal Investigation Division to open a criminal investigation.

The Military Advocate General’s Office also made decisions regarding four other attacks, including the April 2024 bombing of the World Central Kitchen convoy, in which Israeli forces killed seven workers.

In the latter case, the report reveals that the Military Advocate General’s Office decided not to open a criminal investigation or take further action against those involved beyond the measures already carried out.

These are the first five attacks on which the Military Advocate General’s Office has made a decision out of 150 investigations that have been completed. An armed forces official told EFE that “hundreds” of cases are under review.

The Death of Hind Rajab

The Israeli army admits that it fired at the girl’s vehicle, although it justifies the action by saying her presence there violated a military order issued to residents of that area of Gaza City. Initially, Israeli soldiers killed five people and left Hind and her 15-year-old cousin, Layan Hamada, alive.

“In the hours immediately following the shooting, after a phone call to the rescue authorities in which both girls participated and then only Hind, movement was coordinated with a Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance to evacuate the casualties,” the Zionist report states. However, it does not explain why Layan died in a second shooting at the car.

According to an investigation by Forensic Architecture, before the barrage of gunfire that killed her can be heard on the phone call, Hamada says: “They are shooting at us, I have the tank next to me.”

Despite the coordination claimed by the Zionist forces, when the Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance arrived to rescue them, a missile was fired at the vehicle, killing two paramedics.

Although the Israeli army does not explicitly acknowledge this bombing, it includes it, along with the shooting at the vehicle, among the indications that led to the opening of a criminal investigation.

The car, a Kia Picanto, had 335 bullet holes, according to the Forensic Architecture investigation. Hind Rajab remained on the phone for more than three hours until the connection was lost.

The Killing and Concealment of 15 Palestinian Paramedics

The Military Advocate General’s Office also decided to open a criminal investigation into an ambush by Israeli troops against several Palestinian Red Crescent ambulances, a fire truck and a UN vehicle in Tal al-Sultan, south of Gaza, in March 2025.

“The troops on the ground, who were positioned in an ambush, fired at a vehicle they identified as belonging to Hamas,” the Israeli document alleges.

First, the Zionist troops fired at a convoy of five Palestinian Red Crescent ambulances. Fifteen minutes later, they opened fire again on the fire truck and the ambulance that arrived to assist the first victims.

The Israeli occupation forces fired again when a vehicle belonging to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) arrived.

In total, Israeli soldiers killed 15 people, including rescuers and paramedics, whom the Zionist army claims included six Hamas members.

As a result of what happened, the Israeli army removed the deputy commander of the Golani Brigade’s reconnaissance unit from his post and reprimanded the commander of the army’s 14th Brigade.

“After determining that the shooting carried out during the incident raises a reasonable suspicion of criminal conduct, it was decided that the Military Police would launch a criminal investigation into the incident,” the statement says.

Two Attacks on MSF That Killed Four

The Zionist report also assesses two attacks against Doctors Without Borders: one against one of its facilities in Khan Younis in 2024, in which two of its workers were killed, and another against one of its convoys in Gaza City in November 2023.

In neither case did Israeli authorities open a criminal investigation, despite acknowledging “tragic deaths” or action by troops without adequate information.

teleSUR/ JF

Source: EFE

Source: teleSUR

Autor